name of Konvikt
from the Latin word convivere = live together and refers to the time
lived together and ate young theologians - the Jesuits, mostly of
origin (17th c.). Boarding school was funded by numerous foundations.
places and buildings
rescue archaeological survey beginning. 20th century. were discovered
fragments of buildings from the 12th century. The overwhelming evidence
production, earrings, crystal shards and glass containers. Num. R. 1372
Jan Milíč in place of today's church. Bartholomew chapel.
Originally, there became known. Venice, houses of prostitutes that have
been through an appeal Milíč by Charles IV. demolished. For
have built a shelter called Jerusalem. When Bartholomew Street.
of Gothic building from the 2nd half. 14th century. 1374 - 1420
Vaclav IV. Building for the Study of Cistercian monks (College of St.
during the Hussite wars, the complex fell apart and was later parceled
portions secular owners. During the 16th century. were partially
originally separate buildings, was also a Renaissance vault passage of
Konviktské street. In pos. 17th century. There are two
building complexes - House
Vyšínovský (U Horejsi) and a group of
four secondary homes that received
post-White Mountain upstart Simon Peter Aulík of Třebenic.
R. 1659 homes are
purchased from his heirs Jesuits already r. 1660 begin construction of
church (completed in levels of vaulted cellars). R. 1669 and bought the
and began Vyšínovský extensive
redevelopment - on the west side was built wing
with a refectory, kitchen and dormitory on the upper floors, a double
enabled connection with the older parts. R. resort burned down in 1703,
repair was built two-storey tower (torn down in 1864), and in the 20th
Church. Bartholomew. To r. 1773 (temporary abolition of the Jesuit
even replaced the original wooden rafters brick. After the order was
by the abolition of boarding and desecrated the church. Konvikt was r.
sold off at public auction, most of the area earned carpenter Jos.
he tailored to the apartment and workshop (printer, store paper,
etc..), The refectory was transformed into a dance - concert hall, your
best in Prague (r. 1863 was the first time he danced a new social dance
discussion). R. 1830 founded the Society for the cultivation of church
Bohemia organ school, although that was somewhat conservative,
students - later composers such. Ant. Dvorak, Karel Bendl. They worked
outstanding teachers Vitásek Jan Nepomuk Josef Křička (later
Hlaholu), J. L. Zvonař (songwriter beautiful Bohemia, Bohemia Mine). In
50th l. 19th century. The church was restored for the Congregation of
Sisters, focusing on the care of patients. Within the construction work
completed classicist Baroque facade framed windows and next to the
building adjoined monastic house. In the interwar period, there was a
cinema Arnold Reimann. R. 1949 confiscated area of State Security and
50th to 70th l. Was improper modifications. In l. 1947-1958 Hall used
studio of Short Film Trick Brothers, founded by Jiri Trnka. R. 1971, it
object issued an emergency notice after the archaeological survey began
1982 reconstruction carried out by SÚRPMO. On the first
floor of the north wing
were discovered Renaissance beamed ceilings. The substrate beneath
was against the then white habits and each beam and the board was
with a different theme. Ballroom was opened to the public as a cinema
in the former refectory since the late 80 l. 18th century. R. 1798
performed Ludwig van Beethoven's Piano game was mostly evaluated in
superlatives, was less appreciated as a composer (among other things
private concert in C major and A major rondo, op.2). Every Friday
winter took place there between the Academy of Music and was famous
such. Hans von Bülow, the Russian pianist Anton Rubinstein
and composer Jan Ladislav Dussek, violinist Ferdinand Laub, Frant.
Clara Schumann. There were eg. First performed the entire chamber works
Bedrich Smetana and Dvorak's some chamber works. Hall with excellent
time belonged to the father of the composer Karel Bendl. 5. 2. 1840, he
the first Czech worried initiated by the J. K. Tyl along with Sabina
K., K. H.
Macha, Š. Hněvkovským. Ball was very successful
and became one of the most
important events of national revival. The hall was decorated in the
colors, the same colors also had ribbons on lapels organizers and
midnight distributed copies of Sabin's poems Vlastenkám. An
important event was
also the first to launch the salon dances Czech Beseda r., 1863. At his
was Jan Neruda, the dancing master Karel Linek (used editing dances
neighborhood, loudmouth, rejdovák, polka, straddle etc.), A
Heller School of Music (he composed the music on folk themes).
put it in l. 1726-1731 Kilian Ignac Dientzenhofer in surviving vaulted
cellars and walls started construction of the church of r. 1660. The
newly convex - concave adjusted. It is a one-nave Baroque temple.
comprises several different types of windows, very valuable thanks to
extraordinary composition of the main facade, unusually facing the
It is decorated with statues of the 12 apostles, the Virgin Mary and
from Matthew Václav Jäckel. The interior is
decorated with dimensional ceiling
fresco Wenzel Lorenz Reiner, which shows the intercession of the Virgin
the Holy Trinity (over the presbytery), Torture Vol. Bartholomew (the
Angels, Vol. John of Nepomuk and St. apparently. Bartholomew (above the
loft). R. 1773, the church was deconsecrated, together with the
the order, r. 1854 restored a monastic church congregation Grey
Sisters. Of the
original furnishings remain the altar of artificial marble, a major and
minor, in the nave of stucco over blind portals. The pulpit is a
coated artificial marble, wood sculptures created Břetislav Kafka.
of saint Vaclav
an alcove north. courtyard wall there is a copy of the statue of St.
Wenceslas as a winemaker from Jan Brokoff. A copy created artificial
George kissing in r. 1999 original is placed in the National Museum